The time to start is now. What is it that you have been putting off? What have you been wanting to do, but are too scared to do?
For me, I had been wanting to make a change in my life. I wanted to go back to school. It took a night out at the bar to realize that I wasn’t doing anything with my life. I NEEDED that change.
So, I hastily sent in my application to grad school and was accepted a month later.
Now, I am entering my second year in grad school. Going back to school was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. And all of the homework and late nights studying are worth it.
So what’s holding you back from living your purpose?
Sometimes I forget
how much I love you.
But there you are
as the world spins
as I tilt off my axis
and into the waiting sea
Thursday I go back to school and start my second year of grad school. I must be nervous because last night I dreamt that I got a C in both of my classes. The horrors.
But it has me thinking about intention. I think we all have to set intentions. Imagine how we want things to go and chase fearlessly after them.
Set goals and smash through them. So what have you been looking forward to that you might be a little fearful of? What do you need to achomlish? What are your intentions? What are your goals?
Let’s set ourselves up for success and have an awesome fall!
my muse is gone,
hiding in the dresser drawers
while I am hiding
under the covers
away from the moon
who knows all my secrets
and the sun who
knows the truth
the words don’t flow
without my muse
and I don’t want the
sun to touch my face
and remind me of all my faults
My summer is still in full swing. I don’t go back to grad school until the end of the month. That means that I can spend more time writing instead of just studying. This is my list of writing prompts for the month. If you have time, I hope that you can join me.
- I want to learn how to…
- The best things in life
- In your arms…
- Describe your bedroom (current or otherwise)
- Write down the first word that comes to mind for the next fifteen minutes
- 10 things you can’t live without
- Describe what loneliness feels like
- Write a letter to the moon
- What it means to be a writer
- The person who knows me best…
- The craziest dream (and why it isn’t that crazy)
- Your perfect vacation
- Hobbies that you want to pursue (and why you haven’t yet)
- 10 things that feel good
- What “I hate about you” list
- Describe the rain as it touches your skin
- Generate excitement
- Your life story
- Yourself at 102
- Fall back – what you’d go back in time to do
- What makes you feel alive
- Your favorite things about Fall
- How can you live more fully
- What fills you with joy
- What the new season holds for you
- What makes you feel fulfilled
- The sound of leaves crunching under your feet
- Document your day
- The biggest transformation in your life
- The meaning of time