Waking up next to you
changes my world.
It feels like I am ten years old
running up to the ice cream truck
to buy a rootbeer popsicle
on a hot July day
time floats by
like it does when you’re eleven
and it doesn’t matter how late you stay up
because all you have to do the next day
is play video games and
play cops and robbers
while your mom makes dinner.
I wake up next to you at 4am,
and feel your arm reach out to make sure I am OK
because I had a bad dream about a spider
and you want to make me feel safe.
It makes me crave you more
than I should.
I pull your arm to my breast
tugging you closer
until there is nothing between us
but fast beating hearts
An hour later, I wake up next to you
and it feels like
somewhere I never want to leave
like I am twelve and hiding in a fort
on new years eve
You move closer and
I roll back into you
as we loose another hour.
Its 9am, and I can feel you wake up next to me
and whisper good morning into my ear
an hour disappears as I curl into your body
and tell you how I plan to spend the day.
But when you leave
all I do is stay in bed
like I am sixteen again
and can’t think about anything else
but the cute boy in chemistry class
who said hello in the hallway before lunch.
I am somewhere in the middle of reading the book Wild by Cheryl Strayed. It’s really well written and there are times when I forget that it is really an autobiography. This book makes me want to be a better person and to join a book club so that I can talk about books outside of school.
July Writing Prompts- This summer, I want to write more. This is my list of writing prompts for the month of July. Comment if you want to join me in this summer of fun.
- Morning rituals
- 10 things you want to learn
- Current summer wish list
- What do you enjoy most about your city?
- What you most want to remember about today?
- Something that you love so much that you’d do it for free
- What can you do today to move you closer to your goals?
- What has been troubling you lately?
- What is stopping you from living a life that you would love?
- All “about me”
- Favorite quotes
- Describe your best friend
- Happiest moments
- Moments you wish you could relive
- What do you want to be remembered for?
- Are you creating a summer you will never forget?
- Best ways to unwind and relax
- Best thing that happened this month
- Worst habits
- Who makes you feel the most alive?
- How can you dream bigger?
- Where do you see yourself in six years?
- 10 rules to live by
- Favorite way to spend a Sunday afternoon
- What are you the best at?
- Describe your first love
- Current project
- List of ideas for your next essay
- Who makes you feel as if you can do anything?
- Favorite summer activity
- Favorite summer meal as a kid