I am officially done with my first year of grad school! It feels pretty great to say that. As crazy as this year has been, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I feel as if I have grown as a writer and have learned things about myself that I would have never known.
Here’s a few things that I have learned:
- I am actually a feminist (and it isn’t a bad word).
- I can write a 15 page paper in a weekend
- But I can also write one in 2 page increments
- Giant stacks of readings — no problem
- I have no idea how to fill my time if I am not doing homework
If you have ever considered going back to school, I would absolutely recommend it. It is one of the best things that I have done for myself.
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed
as if everything
depends on that
as if I have to
do more than I can
And I wonder-
is it humanly possible to
I am waiting to exhale
and start a new life.
But I am stuck-
waiting for you
to take a breath
so I can
breathe you out.
The summer solstice is June 20, but June 1 is the start of meteorological summer. The warm summer nights are just beginning, my favorite time to write in my journal.
June Journal Writing Prompts
- Make a summer of fun list
- How can you be more connected?
- What can you release?
- How do you find joy?
- Free your mind.
- How are you better this year?
- List all that you are grateful for.
- Travel wish list.
- I wonder…
- 10 things I love about you.
- How strong are you?
- How can you nurture your daydream?
- Look up and describe the sky.
- Say yes to life!
- What is your dream job?
- How have you been challenged this year?
- How does life keep you silent?
- Are you a feminist?
- What defines you?
- What vibe do you give out?
- What do you yearn for?
- Who controls your life?
- How can you make this summer better?
- Describe your favorite color?
- Check in with your goals.
- Describe the stars tonight.
- Write a poem to summer mornings.
- Where does the magic happen?
- What inspires you?
- Who are you today?