There’s only a few weeks of summer left. Although some people are going back to school already, the unofficial end of summer isn’t until labor day.
Recently I got back into reading– surprisingly enough it was a movie that inspired me. I wanted to watch The Fault in Our Stars, but I wanted to read the book first. I downloaded it onto to my kindle… and I haven’t really stopped reading since.
I am not going to sugar coat it. I honestly didn’t think it was an amazing book. It was sweet, but predictable.
Yet this sweet, sappy book got me reading again. To make sure I don’t step reading any time soon, here is my list of “summer reading” that I hope inspires someone to pick up a book.
Five Books I Hope to Read this Summer
- Looking for Alaska by John Green. John Green has a wonder way with words (as you can tell by the following behind The Fault in Our Stars)
- The Divine Comedy: Inferno; Purgatorio; Paradiso by Dante. This one has been on my list for years. I know that I will probably never read it.. but the English Major in me knows that I really should read it.
- The Dante Club: A Novel by Matthew Pearl. A crime story about a series of murders inspired by Dante’s inferno in 1865.
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick. Now this one just seems awesome. Blade Runner was loosely based on this dystopian novel. Heck yeah.
- Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts. This seems like a book with a lot more heart than the movie based on it.
In the next month I know there is no way I can read all five of these books… but it is always fun hoping.
What book do you plan on reading this month?